Transport - Logistics Manager
Job type: permanent
Work: flexible: Mon-Fri (+Sat ocasionally)
Salary: negotiable dependant on experience.
Locations: Rochester, Manchester, Sheffield
We are seeking a TRANSPORT / LOGISTICS MANAGER to work within our client transportation business based on Rochester and North. You will be reporting to the General Manager responsible for the Artic division.
Applicants must have a proven track record of managing within a General Haulage environment dealing mainly with tautliner traffic. You will also have experience of vehicle scheduling systems and be fully IT literate.
Responsibilities will include:
- Planning, organising and managing a fleet of vehicles together with the work of your team to ensure all customer requirements are met.
- Maximising vehicle utilisation to its fullest potential, while pro-actively seeking new opportunities to improve by growing the customer base.
- Management of staff and drivers to ensure that Company Health & Safety policies are adhered to.
- Ensure compliance is adhered to at all times for vehicles, driver hours and WTD.
- Monitor P&L control on all aspects of the operation.
- Investigating and resolving customer complaints.
- Controlling and reducing vehicle accidents.
Requirements to include:
- CPC National (minimum requirement).
- Drive and passion to deliver on time.
- Good communication skills.
- Be able to motivate others.
- Knowledge of legislation.
- Must have a flexible approach to working hours during the week, Saturday working may be required.
This is a challenging role within a dynamic organisation, offering good terms and conditions for an ambitious individual, as the successful applicant will be given every opportunity to develop within the group.
Salary negotiable dependant on experience.